Parts & Tools

Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

Why is my phone not charging through usb laptop?

When I plug my phone into my laptop and it is closed, it will charge fine. When I open my laptop, however, the phone will stop charging. This is on a trusted laptop and it happens even when the phone is unlocked. This may be the wrong website, but I’m desperate here. 3 hours of my life are wasted because of this issue. ( no typo, charges in sleep and DOESNT charge when open)

You may want to add the laptop model you're trying to charge your iPhone with, it would help putting things more in focus.

Most Helpful Answer

The reason behind this is, that the laptops circuitry diverts all the ampere from the USB back to the main CPU when the lid is open (back from standby mode).

If however, you laptop has a USB3.0 port, then there shouldn’t be a problem as these 3.0 ports can deliver upto 1.25 amps enough to power or charge any iPhone on the market.

RiiSeN will be eternally grateful.