Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

iPhone 3GS Broken cable 3 latch

I have a IPhone 3gs. Recently replaced the digitizer glass for the second time. I broke off the latch on cable 3 and now the cable won't seat. Have had it apart several times, tried several things to seat the cable and have now damaged the connector. The cable is OK. I can seat it while the case is still open and the earpiece works. It works because, while it is open and the glass assembly is slid down past the case a little, it puts pressure on the cable to keep it seated. Once I snap the case together, the cable unseats and the earpiece stops working. I have seen on this thread where someone can replace or fix the connector. Anyone in Orange County CA that can repair this? Thanks.

larrygreene, great for asking your own question. Just delete your comment on the other question so that way nobody gets confused.

Type into Web search engine "connector 3 repair blog"

This is the place for connector 3 (or any connector) fix, also happens to be in Orange County California.

Try clicking on contributors.. Hector truong. He writes on here about iPhone problems and repairs this problem

larrygreene will be eternally grateful.