Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Replacement Battery Not Charging - Tried two new batteries

Ok, so my iphone battery has been on the blink for some time, cutting out at 50-70% and not turning back on until plugged in. This is annoying as I am travelling around the world and having music and apps for those long journeys is very useful to me

I got a new battery from ifixit and followed the guide ok but after replacing it it would not turn on or charge even after overnight. So I switched back the old battery and it was working fine, but again cutting out randomly. Dead battery I thought. As I was on the road sending it back and getting another shipped was not an option, so I got to Bangkok and got another new iphone 3GS battery did the same replacement guide and I'm having the same problem, I find it hard to believe that both would be DOA. I have tried DFU mode which itunes recognises but as soon as it tries to restore to factory settings (I see the apple icon on the screen) I then get an unknown itunes error. Again the old battery it working after switching it out.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Check your battery models. the new one is supposed to have a higher number then the original

Clean the board contacts to the battery

What can I clean them with? Thanks.

IPA works best

Daniel Hewes will be eternally grateful.