Guides for the Wi-Fi version of the iPad Mini 4—model A1538. Announced on September 9, 2015, the iPad Mini 4 is the successor to the iPad Mini 3.

Screen comes on for nano second then goes off again

I have replaced the screen a couple of times. The first time I thought it was a dodgy screen so I ordered another and it does the exact same thing. When I press either the power or the home button the home screen appears for a nano second then goes off? Tried reboot via iTunes etc but nothing. Any ideas?

If you hold a flashlight on the screen, can you see a faint image? If so, it’s your backlight ic going out.

That’s great I’ll check it. Thank you

when you replaced the screen did you desolder the sleep magnetic induction flex and transfer to your new display,

if not this will be the main cause for your problems.

A image of the flex is attached. It’s located at the bottom of the lcd

Is it this one?

Yes that’s the place where the flex needs soldering back to

Hi I’ve added a video if you have any ideas id really appreciate it

Hi, sorry for the delay been mad busy in work lately. Are you up based ? If you are I would be more than happy to help you out with this.

Also have you gotta picture of the screen with the new flex attached?

Ok tried this. Bought new part and soldered it on. I’m still getting a nano flash of the screen then nothing…. help?? It’s had new lcd digitizer screen and new flex cable but still the same problem. I can press either the power button or the home button and get the same thing. It’s driving me crazy!

Debbie will be eternally grateful.