Second generation of iPhone. Model A1241 / 8 or 16 GB capacity / black or white plastic back. Repair is more straightforward than the first iPhone. requires screwdrivers, prying, and suction tools.

Display screens only white

hello guys,

my iphone just felt down at the weekend. now it screens only white , and sometimes some yellow/black and green lines.

But i think it works correctly, cause it got sounds while receiving emails and sms.

I'm not sure if its only the display or something more perhaps on the board.

Could you give me any solution to proof if its only the display/ an cable or the mainboard ?

Would be great :)

Thanks a lot !!

Same thing happened to me and I'll try to open it to see how if that is the case.

I'll post later, once it's done.

since you can still receive email and sms, I'd guess that your logic board survived the fall. so it's either the LCD display itself, or if you're lucky you've simply knocked loose one of the ribbon cables going to the display. hard to know for sure without a further look...

perhaps open it up and first try re-seating all the connections. otherwise you may need to replace the LCD

Same problem. Reseated connnectors 1, 2 and 5 and software restore to no effect.

I'll do a further teardown when I get time and post the results here.

Similar problem: iPhone 3GS : white screen with a light grey line.

Able to do reset with hoding power and home button.

Able to on-off.

I am able to connect to iTunes. iTunes recognize the phone

was able to do backup.

Tried factory default.

still white screen.

I will try to open it and look into cables. hope it is only lose cable.

thanks

How did you go? I have a white screen as well, after disassembling to change the battery, then the battery put it into a restore loop, changed to another battery, nothing, put the original back in, now itunes recognises it, and have done updates, synched etc, all good there (wasnt when i had wrong battery in). But now I have a white screen, it beeps, vibrates, but white screen, which connectors are responsible for the screen? 1,2,5? nothing seems to be loose, I have taken it apart again, the only cable i have trouble with is 3, not sure if i have it in enough. After doing a hard reset, i can only get the phone back on if i plug it into pc.the white screen displays then goes to sleep mode- black screen.

I found on the net, someone gave a fix for white screen to hold home button, volume up and lock button down, and then the apple logo will come back and it fixes it, but not in my case.

andreas will be eternally grateful.