Released September 21, 2018. Models A1920, A2097, A2098, A2100. Available as GSM or CDMA / eSIM or nano-SIM / 64, 256, or 512 GB / Silver, Gold, or Space Gray. (Pronounced "iPhone 10 S.")

Replacing front glass only

It seems all tutorials for replacing the front glass only involves taking the screen assembly off the phone first. But I cannot figure out why that is required. Everything I can tell shows that the glass is just glued on top of the OLED screen. Am I missing something? It would certainly seem easier to just keep everything assembled and remove the glass with small gauge wire.

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

I separate iPhone screens all day long and yes it is somewhat easy, there’s most likely no way to get a wire in between the glass / LCD. I also fix iPhones all the time and there are a lot of people who think I’m going to do what you said, just take the glass off and put a new glass over it.

But nah it’s more simple and efficient to just take the entire assembly off. Especially in the X models with only one to two pieces needed to be transferred over, rather than 10+ in previous models.

Peter Chung will be eternally grateful.