The PlayStation 3 (or commonly known as the PS3) is the third home computer entertainment system produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, and the successor to the PlayStation 2. It was released November 11, 2006

Why can't my ps3 find the proper hard drive?

When I start up my PS3 the screen says its unable to find the proper hard drive.

That did it thanks oldturkey, found that it didnt have a hard drive or a caddy for it. Thanks

you're welcome. Good Luck

Matthew Miller, try this first 1. Unplug the system from the power mains, then plug it back in. Turn it on and see if it makes any difference. 2. Open the HDD panel on the side of the console, remove the hdd, then put it back in. Turn on the PS and see if it works. Here is a link to a video that might work for you as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0e-oO6l9... Good Luck

Great......after trying all the button pushing to enter safe mode etc NOTHING worked. Then I undid the flap underneath,removed the screw,slid open the cover and pulled out the hd. Then after putting it all back together...switch on..beep..beep..beep...it turns off...then beep..beep...beep beep ...it entered safe mode! Option 2 selected and all was good! Result!!!!!( slimline ps3...160gb)

Matthew Miller will be eternally grateful.