Parts & Tools

Can’t answer incoming calls

Have a weird one have an iPhone 6s works great but when a call comes in screen stops working can’t answer and phone will continue to ring until I do a hard reset. I have taken it apart and cleaned it no water damage have replaced the screen install a new battery.

Manta Driver Kit

112 bits for every fix.

Upgrade Your Toolbox

Manta Driver Kit

Upgrade Your Toolbox

Most Helpful Answer

Fix for iPhone keeps ringing but screen freezes: I know this is an old thread, but maybe it will help someone else. This happened on my Mom‘s iPhone 6. It started after I enabled Announce Calls for “Always” for her (under Settings/Phone). I turned off Announce Calls and the problem was fixed. The feature works on my iPhone 8 so it also could be a software update issue.

The person that post about the announcing calls. Thank you soooo much my phone as driven me crazy but you helped fix it. I had tried everything. I turned off the announce calls and the phone is working again.

Tried this, no luck. Yikes!

I tried this, and it worked!!!!

Before the I phone 6 was ringing and I could not answer calls and front screen would freeze. only way out of it was turning phone off then on again .

Also on outgoing calls I could only call out once before locking. would have to turn phone off then on again.

Text messaging worked the whole time

I would check and make sure there is not a software update that is missing. Sounds like a software issue. Go to setting ->General->Software Update and See if it shows and update that is needed. Best of luck.

Patrick Dean Willard will be eternally grateful.