0

pavel zlatev
1

Why my Barista start dripping the espresso very slowly out

It stopped pouring the espresso like used to be now is just dripping very slowly. It took me 10 minutes to make a single shot of espresso this morning. I love that coffee machine i been having it from 10 years.

Edited by: mayer ( ) , Richdave ( )

2

Henry H

You're most likely looking at one or a combination of these issues:

- Coffee ground too fine

- Coffee tamped too hard in the basket

- Brew screen clogged

- Portafilter clogged

Does water flow through easily with the portafilter removed from the machine? Then your screen is probably fine. Does water flow through the portafilter easily when there's no coffee in it? Then your portafilter is probably ok. You're then looking at a grind/tamp issue, not a problem with your machine.

1

Richdave
18k

This unit is likely the same as the Rio Vapore - HERE is the manual

Page 28 - troubleshooting may assist

These iFixit http://www.ifixit.com/Device/Starbucks_B... Guides may be useful too!

HIH

Edited by: Richdave ( )

0

cybelle123
1

It has happened to me and I went to several forums to try to fix it and it just wouldn't work. In despair I just used CLR, or a generic Calcium Lime and Rust cleaning spray directly on metal filter container and VOILA worked like a charm. I just sprayed the metal cup and inside the portafilter, let it sit for some 10 mins then rinse very very well. Unbeknownst to be, I have hard water and the little holes where coffee was supposed to go thru were clogged.