This is the first generation of Amazon Fire TV (model CL1130), released on April 2, 2014. It is a powerful media streaming and gaming device that allows the user to stream digital audio/video content to a high-definition television as well as play video games.

Lost remote, New WiFi I can’t connect without the remote.

I have a new WiFi. My Amazon Fire TV is stuck on my network settings screen. I lost the remote, and now cannot pair my device with my FireTv app on my phone. What do I do? Switched TVs, didn’t work. Unplugged it a million times. Is there no way to do a factory reset without having access to some kind of remote???

i lost y fire stick for the tv and iam looking all around the house i dont want to download an app on my phone to connect it to the tv so i just want to find it and yes i checked under the couch

I hardwired my old router to my new router. Connected my phone to my old routers WiFi and used the connection to set up connection to new router using the fireTv app.

i lost my fire stick ive ruined my room trying to find it. i dont have a phone and i dont know what to do. all i know is i had it on my bed and i need a way to find it.

If you have lost your remote for your fire tv, (not related to firestick) and your TV is needing to be connected to the wifi. But you can't! Cause you don't have the remote. Then your like me, fml. However I was able to find a solution that worked!!!! I hooked a pc keyboard up through a USB port on the back of my TV, and was able to use that as a remote, find the wifi, and connect. Once my TV was connected the remote app for fire tv worked perfectly. Hope this helps! (BTW tried a mouse first with no success) KEYBOARD FOR THE WIN!

Most Helpful Answer

you must either A. purchase or borrow a new firestick remote and pair it to your firestick using home button.

B. Connect 1 smart phone to old ip addresses network as hotspot and use a 2nd smartphone to connect to your current ip address where ur internet resides and properly is confiugured, you then must download an app known as the fire stick tv remote emulator once doing this ur firestick should be operable from the hotspot using old ip reset the network through the firestick and forget the previous configured Ip address on ur firestick then reboot the firestick and re connect it using the emulator controller on smartphone that has working wifi. problem should be solved, i however have not tryed or attempted this nor do i properly know that i explained it 100% accurately but its tedious so involves some reserch but iv seen positive responses.

or C. connect to your computer the firestick via usb ( your firestick must previously already have usb and adb debug mode enabled in order for this to work )

1st step is to download adb for windows.

connect firestick to your computer via usb

once adb opens youll see a selection of options click new and add your firestick to it it should automatically find it.

click edit to add it manually,

then once its connected you should be able to connect it to your router and local internet using adb command prompt command lines, very easy to find on google the guide and commands. you can reconfigure the ip address for the firestick to connect it to a internet.

once all of this is complete plug the hdmi of ur firestick to your tv and use the keypad on ur adb to navigate through the firestick home interface to ur network to manually manage the internet connection without having to have a firestick amazon remote or application that wont work anyway unless its connected to a wifi connection in the first place. reboot firestick and enjoy ur repaired connection to your streaming device that is terribly designed for user friendly purposes.

or of course the last option if you have an ethernet adapter u can use it to connect ur firestick to a local network. I apologize for any false information i provided to the best of my knowledge I hope like heaven you get help from my info. if you could plese respond and leave feedback on a solution that worked for you involving *not having a firestick remote or anyway to connect it to an internet connection to navigate to change the old IP network* regards,

troubled tech dabbler

How do I connect my firestik to my new wifi without the old wifi information and with out a remote for the firestik

No remote and no access to the old wifi info....and so I'd hook the ethernet cord from what to what

I tried this method and it worked for me. Thanks for sharing this.

I renamed my mobile hotspot to the old wifi network with the same password (this is what the firestick TV is connected to, right). And then I connected another phone (which already has the firestick TV remote app) to my mobile hotspot. Voila! The firestick TV can now be controlled. I then changed the network settings.

Omg, reading the description on the procedure confused me, but you're simplified description, really helped me. Thanks so much. I went with out my fire stick for a week.

Complete Torture! This method really worked. Awesome

Had the same problem on my Samsung TV that was connected to the Firestick, apparently the TV remote to the Samsung TV works too as a remote for it. Just a heads up!

i write a hole article about this problems, if you want to know just click here '''How to Connect Firestick to Wifi Without Remote'''

r FireStick tv Houses the Majority and Your Preferred Substance and Is Effectively Transportable. So You Can Take Your Media Anyplace or Anywhere. Divided three different ways or strategies to do, how to connect firestick to wifi without remote easily. Try these three methods one by one.

Of course! TV nowt to do with it, uninstall fire tv on phone and reinstall, also on your network settings on tv check wifi details are same as you modem and fire tv remote on your mobile

How do I connect my phone too the firer stick

Download fire tv app and connect to same wifi network as you fire stick, away you go! Better than controller I think.

My tv is stuck on setting wifi

Posting in this thread.

I had this problem.No remote. Did forgot WiFi connection and struck at Home with no network connection.

Solved this by connecting a wired usb keyboard to firetv stick.

For me wired mouse, bluetooth mouse didn't work. I didn't try bluetooth keyboard.

Other options like Adb shell commands were useless because I must accept the USB debugging popup on screen which I can't without remote.

You can reset another firestick remote to work with it (Google the sequence) then set it up as so…

or use your android phone to make a hotspot and mimic the old WiFi name and password to your android’s hotspot name…

then take a second phone, join the same network (your android hotspot) and download fireTV app then use it for a remote

I used a USB keyboard and it was able to control the input so I could connect the tv back to wifi. Once connected to wifi I can use the FireTV remote app from there on.

mumblebee52 will be eternally grateful.