Repair and disassembly guides for Brother printers.

Ink absorber full, will not print

I have a Brother MFC-J415W that has a full ink absorber and I am unable to find parts or instructions to bypass the problem. Any ideas?

I thought that solved the problem but it will not go into maintenance mode. I tried like 10 times and it has been aggravating me for 2 months with this problem. it may be easier to replace the printer with a goodwill buy.

I also can't find a replacement part.

Most Helpful Answer

Here’s a link that describes how to replace the ink absorber in a Brother printer.

If it doesn’t reset after replacing the inkpad, here’s a link to a video that shows how to reset the purge counter for your printer. This should allow you to at least keep on printing.

Here’s a link showing the parts of your printer.

On p.12 you’ll find the part numbers relating to the ink absorber parts. (see below)

LS4699001 INK ABSORBER FELT (INK ABSORBER BOX LOWER)

LS5136001 INK ABSORBER FELT (MAINTENANCE UNIT)

LS6842001 INK ABSORBER TUBE ASSY (SP)

If you search online by typing the part number only in the search box of your browser you’ll get results for suppliers of the part. A lot say “not in stock” but a few have them (only checked part #2 ;-)

ken pugh will be eternally grateful.