The Kenmore 110 Series is an easy to use home Washing machine created by Kenmore.

Why does my washing machine pour water during the spin cycle?

Overview

My washing machine has an issue where it pours water during the spin cycle, while it is draining. Basically, it pours water from the top while draining it out from the bottom. It drains the water faster than it can pour it, so it does not actually fill with water, but it does re-wet the clothes, so the clothes are dripping wet when the cycle is complete.

It also agitates while filling with water. This is not much of a problem, but it started happening the same time that the other issue above started happening.

Specs

Model: Kenmore Elite 26964503

Desired Outcome

This is what the washing machine is supposed to do:

1. Wash Cycle
    1. Fill with water.
    2. When full, begin agitating.
    3. After a while, drain water.
  2. Rinse Cycle
    1. Fill with water.
    2. When full, begin agitating.
    3. After a while, drain water.
  3. Spin Cycle
    1. Spin while draining water.
    2. When empty, continue spinning and draining.
    3. After a while, stop.

Actual Outcome

This is what the washing machine actually does (the bold text marks the differences):

1. Wash Cycle
    1. Fill with water while agitating.
    2. When full, continue agitating.
    3. After a while, drain water.
  2. Rinse Cycle
    1. Fill with water while agitating.
    2. When full, continue agitating.
    3. After a while, drain water.
  3. Spin Cycle
    1. Spin while draining water.
    2. When empty, continue spinning and draining but also begin pouring water from top.
    3. After a while, stop.

Summary

The main problem is 3-2: in the spin cycle, the machine begins to pour water after it has drained all of the water. It is not supposed to be pouring water at this point; it defeats the purpose of the spin cycle.

What could this be? What would cause it to pour water during the spin cycle?

Ok, so looking up your model number tells me that your washer is a direct drive Whirlpool on the inside. I would suspect the timer is getting to the end of its life. Part number WP8541110, over 100 bucks new from a supply house, maybe 50 bucks used on eBay. Could be the pressure switch, but I doubt it.

I have an LG top loader model th2519ssak and having the same issue, spinning and spraying water occasionally and it doesn't end or taking too long to complete the spin. Any idea why this happens?

I have the same problem and the tub spins after the wash cycle and the clothes are dry, but the last spin cycle it must spray water cause it spins

Dan Gorby will be eternally grateful.