Unknown part (wire) in iPhone 5s

I was replacing back housing on my iphone 5s and I am curious what is this wire used for?

Thanks in advance

Vito

Vito, this wire is for the main cellular antenna. Without this cable, you phone will have 0-1 bars signal with your cellphone network. This part is unrelated to wifi, Bluetooth, or GPS.

Have you broken the cable? If so, do not worry as a new cable will come preinstalled on any replacement charger port. The charger port flex PCB is only a $10 part. However if you have damaged the round plug on the motherboard where this cable attached, you will need to bring the phone to a local repair shop. This would require a skilled to solder on a new antenna port.

+1...that's a better answer than mine :>)

Thanks. And no.... i haven't broken it I was just curious.

Vito Tivadar will be eternally grateful.