Parts & Tools

Released September 2015, the JBL Xtreme is a portable, Bluetooth speaker that is also splash proof.

Speaker constantly cuts off (AUX)

Hi, i recently bought the JBL Xtreme 2 this black friday and happened to come upon a problem. The speaker randomly cuts off all sound for maybe half a second to a second. I also want to add that i mostly use the aux so it is weird that this keeps happening

So i was wondering if i missed a step when i set it up, and if you guys had answers to my problem

"I also want to add that i mostly use the aux "

Does this mean that you plug a cable into the speaker instead of connecting with bluetooth?

Yes, i do. Is there a problem with that since this is my first time using on of their products :)

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Quite the opposite actually. If this was happening while connected to bluetooth I would suggest radio interference as the culprit.

Has the speaker been paired to your device before? If not the drops might be happening when the speaker is searching for a bluetooth connection. If it has and you are paired to the speaker as well as using the aux cord, that might be a contributing factor as well.

My suggestion is try it with bluetooth only and try it with the aux cord while bluetooth is disabled on your device. If the audio still cuts out it is beyond my paygrade.

Most Helpful Answer

Solved in the first comment below. turn your input sound to 95 and sound on spearks lower, it drops out because it’s trying to sleep when there is no sound but takes time to wake up when it detects sound, this way it also has enough input to stay awake - Yes this is intentional by JBL! Complain to them if you can BA’d maybe they will give the option to turn it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOpC3-eN...

Thank u soooo much. sound is so much better!!

thank you so much

I'm having this same problem as I'm connected to aux and I'm watching a movie gladiator. It cuts outs sound. How to fix. Version 2.0.0

Hi! May be helpful - hold down the bluetooth button and minus button for 10 sec - turn off low bass

"Yes hold down the bluetooth button and minus buttons together till power button changes. Bass boost mode, so yes, this device can improve bass with this setting. If device won’t power on, plug in to power, hold down connect button next to power button and plus buttons together. This will reset unit. Tk"

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx1...

The “low bass” mode can and most probably will permanently damage your speaker, it’s not intended to be used all the time. It’s one of the dev functions to determine if there are any problems with audio. I mean it’s your speaker, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

i am having same problem in my “Partybox 300” it cuts off while connected to the PC/Laptop with AUX. and it does not turn back on unless i Move the sound bar up&down in windows. i called the JBL & they answered this device is not meant to be used with Computers. “Seriously!” Its a partybox 300.

I have two JBL charge 3. Only connected to Bluetooth to one of the speakers and the other one is paired to the second speakers. Got the both same day and on the first day, started cutting off sound for half of second to a full second. Why is that? (Volume is half way up only)

i fixed this by always playing a background tone, somewhere between the range of 19k and 20k Hz

this way there is always an audible signal going to your speaker and u wont even notice it is there :)

https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator...

Martin Phan will be eternally grateful.