A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, also known as PS4. First announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Can bad thermal paste cause the blue light of death?

Can bad thermal paste cause the blue light of death? I opened up my console start a cleaning off the chips with alcohol and Q-tips I cleaned off the thermal paste the main chip didn't have none to replace it with and I put it back together but now the fan revs up then beeps twice and then turns off what does it mean? could it be that it just needs more thermal paste? the old thermal paste I took off was smeared all over the Chip And hardened thats why i was asking the first question prior to opening the PS4 I had the blue light of death. now just revs up and beeps twice then turns off.

Not enough thermal paste, or no thermal paste is going to cause the console to shut off really quickly after trying to power it on.

You’ll need at least Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste or better if you want the console to run smoothly. Also make sure you have all thermal pads (under and on top of board) as that’ll cause the console to have heating issues if they are missing.

Ramiro Dominguez will be eternally grateful.