Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

iTunes error code 2015 during iPhone 4 restore

I have an iPhone 4 which bootloops and have been trying to restore or update it via itunes. I have disassembled it to replace the screen so warranty is out of the question(it’s “obsolete” anyway). I plug the phone into my pc whilst holding down the home button and the itunes/lightning logo shows up on the iphone and itunes detects it. I then get the option to upgrade or restore and I click restore. The bar at the top says ‘Extracting Software’ however after that, I hear the device being ejected then reconnected, the phone reboots and I get ‘Unknown error 2015’. Does anyone have a possible solution?

Thanks but I realised all I did was accidentally disconnect the battery so it rebooted whenever the usb power was disconnected.

Boot loop and error 2015 is a hardware failure issue. iPhones do a health checkup during the booting process, and if there is a damaged part somewhere, you will get a boot loop and restore errors. This error usually revolves around front camera/speaker flex cable or the rear camera. But that is just the majority of failures for this issue. Have you checked for any damaged parts during the screen replacement?

jamiebrowm will be eternally grateful.