Nikon D70

6.1 megapixels, ISO 200-1600, DX format, 1.5x field of view crop

The body of the camera is getting sticky

Dear Sir

Iam noticing that body of my d70 nicon camera is getting sticky. What can Ido to solve this problem?

Hope that you find a solution.

George Sciberras

Malta

sticky as in when you touch the camera, or sticky as in the components of the camera are getting stuck?

by pollytintop

will this work on the gopro 1 body?

by drcbetr

Most Helpful Answer

for the body of the camera you can use Edwal film cleaning solution or 91% Edwal film cleaning solution or my personal favorite, a 90+percent isopropyl solution (your local pharmacist would be of great help if you can't find it). Take a cloth and dip it in the solution and wring it out so that it is almost dry and wipe the body off. You can also use an old, soft toothbrush or small model brush dipped in the solution. Isopropyl alcohol works great to clean off cameras; any excess moisture that gets in the camera will evaporate quickly, and the alcohol works well to remove grime, grease, oil, etc. Hope this helps, good luck and may your camera soon sparkle again.

Thanks for your solution I hope that it works.

THANKS VERY MUCH

GEORGE SCIBERRAS

MALTA

by George Sciberras

you are very welcome and do not forget to post pictures from your location.....:-)

by oldturkey03

Thank you oldturkey03 for the advice! It worked real fine on my Nikon bodies. :-)

by tac2export

Isopropyl alcohol worked a treat. I then buffed the grips with a small amount of Armorall on a cloth for an as new look and feel. Thanks.

by Mike Botton

Following the advices here, I rubbed my old F80 and D70 bodies with pure Isopropyl alcohol (99.8%) and a lint free cloth, and both recovered the original grip and look. It's a job that one has to do with plenty of time and detail to get a perfect finish, but it's worth the effort. I have a AF-S DX 18-70mm zoom that needs the same treatment on the focus grip. Just be careful to do it in a well vented room (Isopropyl alcohol is harmful if breathed). Thanks a lot for your help!

Thank you for your help too! My D70 was very sticky. I went to the pharmacy and got Medical Spirit from Prime Corporation UK. It doesn't say which alcohol % it is, but my body is now like new. Miracle!

Many thanks for all the advice above, my D70 also has a sticky baody problem. I emailed Nikon UK but never received a reply!

I used Isopropyl alcohol - it came up as new

Thank you so much! I used the Isopropyl alcohol solution on a sticky D80 grip and it worked wonders.

You shouldn't have to do that in the first place. The material is breaking down and it probably will do it again when it gets hot. I'd look for something that doesn't contain material that breaks down like that. I have Many knife grips that do the same thing imma try that solution.

George Sciberras will be eternally grateful.