0

George Sciberras
1

The body of the camera is getting sticky

Dear Sir

Iam noticing that body of my d70 nicon camera is getting sticky. What can Ido to solve this problem?

Hope that you find a solution.

George Sciberras

Malta

sticky as in when you touch the camera, or sticky as in the components of the camera are getting stuck?

pollytintop,

2

for the body of the camera you can use Edwal film cleaning solution or 91% Edwal film cleaning solution or my personal favorite, a 90+percent isopropyl solution (your local pharmacist would be of great help if you can't find it). Take a cloth and dip it in the solution and wring it out so that it is almost dry and wipe the body off. You can also use an old, soft toothbrush or small model brush dipped in the solution. Isopropyl alcohol works great to clean off cameras; any excess moisture that gets in the camera will evaporate quickly, and the alcohol works well to remove grime, grease, oil, etc. Hope this helps, good luck and may your camera soon sparkle again.

Thanks for your solution I hope that it works. THANKS VERY MUCH GEORGE SCIBERRAS MALTA

George Sciberras,

you are very welcome and do not forget to post pictures from your location.....:-)

Thank you oldturkey03 for the advice! It worked real fine on my Nikon bodies. :-)

tac2export,

0

stickynomore
1

for those who needs help on sticky camera body check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oIe3Srcu...

the treatment is non corrosives and it removes the sticky residues within mins

0

tac2export
1

Following the advices here, I rubbed my old F80 and D70 bodies with pure Isopropyl alcohol (99.8%) and a lint free cloth, and both recovered the original grip and look. It's a job that one has to do with plenty of time and detail to get a perfect finish, but it's worth the effort. I have a AF-S DX 18-70mm zoom that needs the same treatment on the focus grip. Just be careful to do it in a well vented room (Isopropyl alcohol is harmful if breathed). Thanks a lot for your help!

Edited by: tac2export ( )