How to fix iPhone 3G Digitizer? (Touch is not responding)
I have iPhone 3G, and the bottom of the screen is not responding for touch (I can't "slide to unlock").
Tried to do a clean restore for different firmwares - but nothing helped.
The Question are:
1. What is responsible for this problem?
2. If it is the Digitizer, so can you add a digitizer image/photo so I will see what is it?
Googling Digitizer gives images of LCD screen.
3. Fixing the digitizer - If I want to open the iPhone, What are the risks on the way to the digitizer?
Can I damage anything "on the way"? Is there any chance that after Reassemble the device I will have more problems?
4. It's the first time I open this iPhone - I will need probably Glue for the frame, for the Antena, GPS, Wifi - Right?
5. Do you have more suggestions for things I need before I start?
1. it's most likely the digitiser.
2. it has cable no.2 attached. it looks like this
3. you need to read the guide for removing the digitiser if you rush it or try to do it as you read you are more likely to make a mess. I replaced a digitiser as my first repair... no problems. Connector 3 is a flip lock , not a snap on lock like connectors 1 & 2,
4.you shouldn't need glue if you buy the digitiser already on the midframe, if you choose to buy only the digitiser without home button/earpiece then you will need doublesided adhesive. (some are pre cut and included in cost of product...read the listings)
5. read the guide, read it again, take it slow. You'll be fine!