The ZTE ZMax Pro is identified by its black color, rear fingerprint sensor and its model name, Z981, which can be found under the rear case.

Home button, app switcher isn't working

Home and app switcher buttons stopped working, but when I tap on them the still make a noise like their working. Aslo when I pull down to look at the short cuts such as the flash light or power saver mode my phone won't let me pull down all the way, stopping at the first 5, wifi, Bluetooth etc. Tried system cache rest which did nothing. Any suggestions?

Hi @cooljoea651 ,

Try starting the phone in safe mode and see if it works OK.

If it does then a downloaded app is the cause of the problem. The trick is to find out which one. You’ll need to uninstall each downloaded app, one by one, and test the phone in normal mode between each uninstall to check if it works OK. When it does, the last downloaded app that was uninstalled was the cause.

I'm having the same exact problem. I went into safe mode but nothing changes, so it's not an app causing it. What other way can I fix this??

Christian Romani will be eternally grateful.