Danger in Charging an Old Device?
I had a 2011 MacBook Pro which had not been used in a long time. I charged it, and the battery inflated, possibly almost exploding (not sure). I mention this because now I am concerned about charging a disused iPod Classic.
Should I take any precautions when charging an iPod that has not been charged in a long time? Maybe charge it with a 500mA charger instead of a 1A or 2.4A? Do these things get ‘shocked’, so to speak, and become explosion prone? Or is this not an issue and I should just charge it up and start using it again?
Likewise, should I remove it from its case so it can expand more easily if it comes about?
Is this a good question?