Furby was a popular electronic robotic toy resembling a hamster/owl-like creature which went through a period of being a "must-have" toy following its launch in the holiday season of 1998, with continual sales until 2000. Furbies sold 1.8 million units in 1998, 14 million units in 1999, and altogether in its three years of original production, Furbies sold over 40 million units.

Can someone fix my sisters furby?

My sisters furby was bought two years ago and we found it a day ago but unfortunately it’s beak and eyelids don’t move and the eyes keep going on and off. My other furby works fine though and has new battery’s just like the one that doesn’t work. Do you think it’s dead forever or does someone know if they can fix it? Please answer as soon as possible.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Cindy,

Your sister’s Furby is most likely fixable! Depending on what the problem is, you may need to disassemble it.

But before you do,

• Check if the battery contacts are clean and not corroded.
  • If there’s a reset button on the bottom base, press it to see if that will work.
  • See if the Kirby is improperly parked…check this link.

Here are some guides to help you take it apart. If you do disassemble it, look for loose wiring, especially ones that come out of the battery pack. Good luck with your repairs!

Cindy lovelace will be eternally grateful.