Skip to main content

Repair and disassembly guides for guitar amplifiers.

60 Questions View all

How do I affix the fuse to the board?

Block Image

Block Image


I have a Sound City SC30 guitar amplifier, and the sound on it has been really bad. I opened it up and found that the part holding a fuse to the board has broken - it was held together with a clothes peg! Anyway, the clothes peg isn't holding it properly in place, so I would like a permanent fix. But I’m an amateur, and I dont know the correct name for this part, or where to order it - could someone help me identify it from the pictures?



Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

The fuse is held by a fuse holder. Your clip is riveted onto the board. The best thing here is to break off the other tabs and solder on a replacement like this one: PCB Mounting Fuse Holder

Block Image

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2


That’s great, thanks so much! I wasn't expecting an answer so quickly :-)


Add a comment

Add your answer will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 1

Past 30 Days: 1

All Time: 24