Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

SAMSUNG LCD TV LN32A550P3FX2A won't power on

front indicator light goes on, but, tv does not turn on

Most Helpful Answer

90% of the Samsung TVs I have repaired have had failed electrolytic capacitors. Here is a photo showing bad caps.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11419501@N0...

Power supplies need low ESR caps. This is the type you need -

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en...

They come in different capacitances (in uF) and voltages. Higher voltage is ok, lower capacitance is not ok.

The TV's power light (red light) is illuminated but stays solid red with slight flickers. The TV won't turn on at all. Could this be the same problem as stated above, or in your experience could this be another problem entirely.

Looks like a power supply problem, right? You should check if your power supply is working correctly.

Anyway, it's very common the main board problem. Some SMD components can be broken or a capacitor exploded.

I have the same problem in a 32 inches samsung TV. I'm awaiting from the vendor the two pieces. The power supply normally works, but the mainboard is out of stock in Samsung. So as i think, the problem is in the mainboard.

I'll tell you later if i have resolved the problem to help you better.

A number of questions first.

when you power up the tv, you said the indicator light illuminates. Now is there any sound?

If yes, the florecent lamps are probably bad and need replacing. If no the problem, is most likely a power supply issue, inspect the power supply very very close, pay special attention to capacitors. If the unit is over 5 years, replace all electrolitic capacitors.

Should that fix it then the main board.

By now your probably at the point of just buying a new unit because the cost for further repair is not economical.

mikesaralove, hopefully the OP got it fixed within the last four years

please, have a look at this page, french pages but you may found something interresting: http://mcgivrer.wordpress.com/2011/04/18...

The light does not come on, I have nothing.

Hello. I just fixed mine . I have the same problem ( Led light stay on . but won't Turn on )

I replace Y Main Board . solved the problem . if that TV is LCD most likely the Inverter Board .

good luck .

Yesterday, I had the repair man fixing the same problem in my samsung tv lcd 40 inches. It was two capacitors (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor) who are broken.

Every 3-4 years is the life span of this component.

It was a easy fix, you can find video in you tube about this fix.

Juan

Bogota

How much would it generally cost for this repair?

Bad capacitors are a common problem for many electronic devices. For easy understanding, they dry out with use, this causes them to overheat venting their gas. Failed capacitors are usually very easy to spot even for the untrained eye. They have a distinctive, "tin can" look. The top of a new capacitor is totally flat with 3 small slits. These slits are vents. When a capacitor reaches the end of it's service, the pressure builds up and opens the vents. All you need to do to spot a expired capacitor is to look at the top of it to see if the vents are open, this will be apparent by the swelling of the top of the capacitor. The top of the capacitor will no longer be flat but will be slightly raised in the middle.

Hope this is useful.

Remember. High voltages are dangerous. Always respect electricity because it won't respect you.

BOB will be eternally grateful.