First set-top box powered by Google TV.

My sound keeps cutting in and out on my television

The sound is getting really bad it cuts in and out all the time

My Samsung Smart T.V. (50 inch 6 series NU6950) sound is interupted for a few seconds. It does not matter what I am watching. T.V. or Netflix. This is a new T.V. It does not do it constantly, only intermittently. I do not have cable company T.V. I use only a small antenna, and I get good reception. It has 2 HDMI ports , one cable for video and audio. I checked the connections, and they are tight. Please help!

I have changed everything on mine and it's still doing on both TV's. Could it have anything to do with Sky Q boxes. Has I have main box and a smaller WiFi box in bedroom??

Sound keeps going off every few minutes

no sound when I we turn on TV several times a month, but then it's OK for a week or more, It's a Samsung 55 inch Smart TV ... Not even a year old

Yes, it keeps cutting off every 5 or 10 minutes after you cut on your TV. I have to cut the TV off and on, just to hear the sound.

Most Helpful Answer

just try changing hdmi cable

if its still the same then try one of this kind

usb to aux converter

and add external speakers if you dont want to get your hands to get dirty

or else open tour tv and find replacement of the speakers

Here is my story and how I fixed this issue

Why does the sound keep cutting out?

Tried taking scart leads out didn't have any effect also turning off at the mains no effect don't know what to do next

There’s not much info to go on with your question, but given that the Logitech Review is mentioned…

The Review has HDMI and Optical audio outputs. Intermittent audio can be electronics in the Review, bad cable or contacts, or the TV itself.

So it’s time to proceed to fault isolation, going from least expensive to most and stopping when the problem resolves

Start by reseating the HDMI cable at both ends; check to see if the contacts are dirty.

Try a known working HDMI cable; you don’t need anything special or up to date, as the Review is old and therefore doesn’t take advantage of things like networking over HDMI

Use another HDMI source (borrow if you don’t have one) to see if it’s the Review.

Finally, see if another HDMI TV eliminates the problem.

Keep in mind that the Review is old, and Google no longer supports the Google TV software platform. If the Review itself has failed, you can get a refurbished replacement on eBay. If you are feeling ambitious, intermittent failures in audio that are in the Review are most likely failing solder joints, loose wires or cracked circuit boards. Try tapping the unit and seeing if the problem exhibits itself (or gets better). If so, and you are up for doing it, open it and look for the above faults. Re-soldering bad joints can work…and you can always try reselling a failed unit on eBay for parts if that’s more appropriate.

My LG Smart TV does the same thing only, just when I'm viewing movies on YouTube. It's fine if I watch regular TV or Netflix! I've tried everything that I can think of and seriously wonder if the problem is YouTube! My wifi carrier said there's no problem and considering it works fine on other Apps, I just can't help but think that YouTube and their movies are the problem!

My Skyworth 32 inch tv 32E6 also doing the same

I have the same loss of audio on my lg cx oled tv with a denon avr-x3700h. Both units are brand new. All of my hdmi cables are new high speed . Everyone having this issue including me seems to be able to fix it with a hard reset “ unplugging “ the components. This fix is only temporary the problem comes back sometimes in a day or maybe it takes a couple of weeks. I believe there is a hardware or firmware bug with the hdmi ARC and eARC boards in these components. I know this doesn't help anyone out but this is what I believe is happening. Im going to contact the manufacturer of the components . If I have any luck ill post it here.

We had not had this new T.V. very long, and the sound was cutting out. We had a sound bar, and we figured out that was the problem.

Our grandson pushed the input button on the sound bar remote until it went back to the optical audio setting or the setting you have yours set up to.

Hope this helps.

.My 4k Roku RCA flat screen TV has recently been having this same type of issue. For now I've narrowed it down to when I hit the * and change the audio setting to anything but normal the sound either cuts out completely or it becomes distorted. I then have to do a reset on the TV and start all over again. My TV is only 7 months old

Hi @vitaminsteve ,

If it is only 7 months old get it fixed under the manufacturer's warranty.

Same with me!! I have the same tv. I watch MSNBC a lot. I thought it might be the channel. I’ll check other channels to see if it happens there too. Have you resolved the issue yet? Please let us know. I seriously do not want to purchase a new tv.

PS. I don’t know what “a hard reset unplugging the components” means. Can you please explain? I’m not up on technological enough that I know the lingo. I have Verizon FIOS. Could it have something to do with ISP?

Hard reset usually means to switch off and on again in the IT world. It’s the 1st thing the IT lads in work tell me to do when I’ve an issue.

Anyway, I had the same issue and simply wiggled the HDMI connection in the back of the TV and SKY box, and pushed them in to make sure they were fully connected. I assume it is being vibrated loose over time or somehow got partially knocked out (have the TV over 3 years and this is the 1st time I’ve seen the back of it). It worked, continuous sound again. If it comes loose again I’ll have to buy a new HDMI cable. Hope this helps as step 1 in the problem solving.

I have a year old un75 Samsung that the sound started cutting out on just about the one year mark. Cuts out on my bluetooth headphones. I tried everything suggested but what worked is disabling my iPhone bluetooth BEFORE I connected my headphones. The iPhone kept trying to connect and the headphones would cut out.

My roku keeps getting error message from my spectrum App RLP 102 Service unavailable pops up how can I get it to go away?

This worked immediately! Intermittent audio can be electronics in the Review, bad cable or contacts, or the TV itself. Start by reseating the HDMI cable at both ends; check to see if the contacts are dirty. Use another HDMI source (borrow if you don't have one) to see if it's the Review. Finally, see if another HDMI TV eliminates the problem.Nov 16, 2018

Every time I walk past my tv which is a JVC the sound cuts in and out ? Almost as if a wire is loose

The in and out sound on my new happens when I look at recordings

I experienced the intermittent audio on my Samsung 65” Smart TV and tried some of the recommended solutions to no avail. What works for me is I unplug the tv for about a minute then plug it back in. Oftentimes I’ll unplug it at night when finish viewing and plug it back the next day. Not a permanent fix but I can live with this.

Why does my sky sports cut out sound

Denise mailman will be eternally grateful.