Parts & Tools

First set-top box powered by Google TV.

My sound keeps cutting in and out on my television

The sound is getting really bad it cuts in and out all the time

My Samsung Smart T.V. (50 inch 6 series NU6950) sound is interupted for a few seconds. It does not matter what I am watching. T.V. or Netflix. This is a new T.V. It does not do it constantly, only intermittently. I do not have cable company T.V. I use only a small antenna, and I get good reception. It has 2 HDMI ports , one cable for video and audio. I checked the connections, and they are tight. Please help!

I have changed everything on mine and it's still doing on both TV's. Could it have anything to do with Sky Q boxes. Has I have main box and a smaller WiFi box in bedroom??

Sound keeps going off every few minutes

no sound when I we turn on TV several times a month, but then it's OK for a week or more, It's a Samsung 55 inch Smart TV ... Not even a year old

Yes, it keeps cutting off every 5 or 10 minutes after you cut on your TV. I have to cut the TV off and on, just to hear the sound.

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Most Helpful Answer

Here is my story and how I fixed this issue

Why does the sound keep cutting out?

Tried taking scart leads out didn't have any effect also turning off at the mains no effect don't know what to do next

just try changing hdmi cable

if its still the same then try one of this kind

usb to aux converter

and add external speakers if you dont want to get your hands to get dirty

or else open tour tv and find replacement of the speakers

There’s not much info to go on with your question, but given that the Logitech Review is mentioned…

The Review has HDMI and Optical audio outputs. Intermittent audio can be electronics in the Review, bad cable or contacts, or the TV itself.

So it’s time to proceed to fault isolation, going from least expensive to most and stopping when the problem resolves

Start by reseating the HDMI cable at both ends; check to see if the contacts are dirty.

Try a known working HDMI cable; you don’t need anything special or up to date, as the Review is old and therefore doesn’t take advantage of things like networking over HDMI

Use another HDMI source (borrow if you don’t have one) to see if it’s the Review.

Finally, see if another HDMI TV eliminates the problem.

Keep in mind that the Review is old, and Google no longer supports the Google TV software platform. If the Review itself has failed, you can get a refurbished replacement on eBay. If you are feeling ambitious, intermittent failures in audio that are in the Review are most likely failing solder joints, loose wires or cracked circuit boards. Try tapping the unit and seeing if the problem exhibits itself (or gets better). If so, and you are up for doing it, open it and look for the above faults. Re-soldering bad joints can work…and you can always try reselling a failed unit on eBay for parts if that’s more appropriate.

My LG Smart TV does the same thing only, just when I'm viewing movies on YouTube. It's fine if I watch regular TV or Netflix! I've tried everything that I can think of and seriously wonder if the problem is YouTube! My wifi carrier said there's no problem and considering it works fine on other Apps, I just can't help but think that YouTube and their movies are the problem!

We had not had this new T.V. very long, and the sound was cutting out. We had a sound bar, and we figured out that was the problem.

Our grandson pushed the input button on the sound bar remote until it went back to the optical audio setting or the setting you have yours set up to.

Hope this helps.

.My 4k Roku RCA flat screen TV has recently been having this same type of issue. For now I've narrowed it down to when I hit the * and change the audio setting to anything but normal the sound either cuts out completely or it becomes distorted. I then have to do a reset on the TV and start all over again. My TV is only 7 months old

Hi @vitaminsteve ,

If it is only 7 months old get it fixed under the manufacturer's warranty.

Denise mailman will be eternally grateful.