Repair guides and support for your Philips TV.

Why do I have sound but no picture?

My Philips tv is around 2/2.5 years old. There is only sound, no picture just a black screen. What can I do myself to try a fix this?

@jadeandrews

It is the same for my philips TV after 2.5 years (No warranty) . Sound, no screen and I can always chrome cast app like Spotify or Deezer.

My model is 43PUS6401.

Did you repair it and find the cause of the black screen?

Unfortunately I purchased it at Liberia Walmart in Costa Rica and hard to find an authorized repair person. It was 2 years old but only used 6 months. I’ll never buy another Phillips product again. So no it’s not repaired .40PFL4901/FB

No silhouettes or light on my TV at all had sound but without knowing if it is on the av channel no sound is available now also .

Hi @ Juile Xx,

What is the model number of the TV?

What is the TV status indicator light showing when the power is connected and when you turn on the TV?

Does the menu option work?

Do you get anything when operating the input button on the remote to cycle through the various input options?

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

@jadeandrews

First off you will need to give us a model number for your TV. There are a few things that can cause this. In general it is the mainboard that tells the power board to turn on the backlight for the panel. The main board is also the board where the video and audio are encoded, The signal then goes through the T-con board into the panel. Quick and dirty description :-)

Since you have audio , you know that at least part of your main board still works. Now, in a darkened room turn the TV to a station where you have audio. Shine a flashlight at an angle against the screen. See if you can make things out like silhouettes, menus etc. If so then you know it is your backlight (bad power board, bad backlight array). If you do not see anything then there could be an issue with the main board or the T-con board.

Of course there is always a possibility that this is a bad panel. Anyhow, let us know what you find. Also, if you remove the back from your TV, post some good pictures of the boards and the interconnect cables so that we can see what you see. Adding images to an existing question

You should check thed screen beacouse it is only the image that it is mising not the sound but unfurtunatly screens are no longer avalavle in publuc so you should take it to a factory repairment

@borkcalipsa are you sure. Do you think the OP should maybe do a bit more troubleshooting? Do you think it could be the power board or the mainboard or are you certain it is the LCD panel? Why?

It is just higher chances the LCD panel in old TVs tend to start having problems it is all thought it is always better to take the tv to repairment

Jade Andrews will be eternally grateful.