iPhone 4

Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Microphone repair

how do you repair the microphone in the iphone 4? I have a repair I need to get done asap. You cannot hear what I am saying on the phone. I tried replacing the speaker because I thought I read the microphone was connected to that? It did not work.

i fixed it... you just need to replace the dock connector, it has a mic soldered on...

iPhone 4 Dock Connector Replacement

Mentioned Items

yes coz bottom mic if for call purpose and the upper mic is used for recording purpose etc..

by gts

Thank you sooo much. Siri stoped working for me since i had broke my mic. Its been horrible having to talk on speakerphone all the time!

by Mark

See This video very detailed video showing how to replace the microphone on iPhone 4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaA5Kh0Hp...

by johnkustic

Most Helpful Answer

iPhone 4 Teardown.. from looking at the teardown the 2 mics are 1) on the dock at the bottom, 2) attached to the proximity/light sensor at the top. take a look then go and google or ebay the part..ie proximity or dock.

Mentioned Items

iPhone 4 Image

Guide

iPhone 4 Teardown

by Walter Galan Difficulty: Moderate

thanks

by huy

Jared will be eternally grateful.