Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

My phone will not take a charge or connect to iTunes

My iPhone 3GS would not take a charge. I assumed the battery was dead from overuse, so I ordered one from iFixit and replaced it. There must have been some charge on that battery because the phone worked for about 15 minutes, but when I plugged it into my wall adapter, car charger and/or usb-pc cable it would not charge. iTunes would not even recognize that the phone was connected. I assume now that the Dock Connector needs to be replaced, but want to make sure before I put another $50 into this phone. Is there anything else I should check before ordering a new dock connector?

i'd check that the connector for the dock (no4 )is clean and undamaged and then reconnect it. While you're there I'd also check the battery with a multimeter..it should be 3.7 fully charged.check prongs on battery aren't flattened and not making contact with bottom of board. then put motherboard back in making sure the 2 screws over the top of the battery connection (near don't remove sticker) are in snuggly.

jonedemonic will be eternally grateful.