Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Logic board not working

what can cause the logic board to just stop working?

First off you need to check that its the logic board and not any of the components like dock or battery. Try your board in a friends case or Take the board out, check your connections and while you're there check the output on the battery. Use a multimeter on pins 1+4 should be 3.7mAh for a fully charged battery, but not working at about 2.2? If it's dead then replace it. Usually a battery will give warnings like freezing up, crashing, not holding charge for long.

If your battery is good then you need to check the dock connector for dirt/damaged pins etc that are stopping it from charging or being recognised. replace it or just that flex.

After that it gets a whole lot more tricky..

i have another working 3gs that needs a backlight coil i tryed the battery from that in it and it still didnt turn on and i also swapped docks and still nothing

Ok I've confirmed it's not that battery or the dock so it has to be the logic board how do I fix it? is there something on the board I need to replace?

check the fuses near where the battery contacts are, also check connector 4 on your motherboard. then it's power ic

sorry pollytintop could you explain a little more detailed?

Jared, I think that pollytintop may refer to the fuses as shown on the pictures at this question Won't turn on after attaching to car charger

Water damage, drop damage, electricity damage (getting shorted out), old age, and many more reasons.

ok my 3gs just stopped working out of the blue no drop water damage nothing what could be wrong i replaced the battery and still nothing

not recognised in itunes? not charging? no display?

all of the above

I have the same problem with on my 3GS as jared does. I replaced the battery with a new one and still not turning on. my phone just died out one day. So im thinking my logic board is bad? any thoughts?

Check oldturkeys link

Jared will be eternally grateful.