Announced in March 2015, and released April 10, 2015, the Galaxy S6 is the next flagship in the Galaxy line. The curved screen version is known as the Galaxy S6 Edge.

Can a phone turn on without battery?

Hello everyone. I am trying to fix this Galaxy S6. Mangaged to open it all and removed the battery. I assumed it was the battery because of how the phone died. I dont have a replacement battery tho, because i dont want to spend money on something that might not be the problem.

My question is, can it still be powered if I remove the battery and try to turn it on directly connected to micro usb power?

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

In that model, the battery is not designed to be removable, however, if you did manage to remove it, it will still power up if plugged in to usb port as if you were charging it.

I removed the battery because it was swelling, I am using it as a security camera but it will not power on without the battery, just sits there trying to charge it... nothing more even when you try to power it on.

I would say that this depends on the phone.

With an adapter. Most phones now use USB to charge and it will also run the phone with or without the battery.

Albi Sina will be eternally grateful.