2.2 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz), 2.5 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.7 GHz), or 2.8 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 4.0 GHz) quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6 MB shared L3 cache.

Magsafe 2 Connector Burnt

I got my MacBook repaired with this exact same issue in February of this year, the charging port has noticeable burn marks around the 2nd and 4th pins. Now once again it is having the exact same issues, has anyone else had a similar issue to this? What did you do to fix it? I have an apple generic charger, and the board for the magsafe was already replaced once.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

Your answer is “generic” charger, the quality of which is probably far from what an original charger is. Just trash it and look for an original one, even a 2nd hand would do, but do not endanger an expensive logic board for a little saving on the charger. If it’s just the charging port that’s gone bad consider yourself lucky, at times everything gets burnt along the power/charging circuit. On top of that, uncertified chargers may be dangerous for you and your households as they may start fires.

I worded that badly, it is an apple original charger, bought a new one when I got the MagSafe replaced in February.

@bedoretj Well, never had a single problem with any of the hundreds of Apple chargers I had tried in many years. May I ask where did you buy it from ?

the apple store in short hills, NJ

That sounds like a reliable enough source to buy an Apple charger. Can't find any reasonable explanation to your issue then, besides severe voltage/current spikes on mains, is that a possibility ?

If you are talking in terms of power surges, I have it grounded on the power strip that has surge protection.

TJ Bedore will be eternally grateful.