A 4K Samsung TV from 2016

Random Intermittent Backlight Issue on Samsung JU6800 LED TV

For the last few months I’ve been having what I assume is a backlight issue where the bottom half will go darker than the top.

It is completely random, sometimes will just flick on and off now and again, sometimes it’ll stay one way or the other for a few days. See: https://youtu.be/imiNzNXKkFc

It is on all inputs and the OSD, I’ve tried leaving it unplugged for a few hours and fiddling with backlight related settings.

After a while of intermittently occurring, it seemed to have stuck for good. So I completely disassembled it to investigated the boards, connections and LED strips. Everything looked fine, and of course it decided to just start working perfectly again… for a while. After a few weeks of working perfectly it’s started happening again!

Any inkling on what could be the cause?

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

@jakeii

intermittent issues are the hardest to fix. From the sound of it I’d be replacing the power board. Usually if it is an LED strip it will take them all out. The power board supplies voltages to the different strips and may be having issues with the ones that are not lighting up. Again, this is difficult to troubleshoot since it is intermittent.

Thanks for the answer!

I have the same issue with a Samsung un55hu7250f except mine is the top half that goes dark from time to time!

Jake Lee Kennedy will be eternally grateful.