Model A1181: 1.83, 2, 2.1, 2.13, 2.16, 2.2, or 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

How do I know if I have a Santa Rosa model?

Well, just what the title says. I know I have an Early 2009 MacBook with a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo which came with 2GB of RAM, but i have absolutely no idea whether I have a Santa Rosa/Penryn model or not. How do I know?

By the information you have given you have a Penryn. You can go here to find out what MacBook is what.

That's right, thanks! The serial number lookup page from mayer confirms that. Thanks guys!

Most Helpful Answer

The easiest way is to go to the site CAB mentioned: http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-loo...

then enter the last three figures of your serial number.

The term "Penryn" refers to the processor/CPU chip, and the term "Santa Rosa" refers to the logic board chipset (several other chips besides the CPU). The Everymac website won't tell you what logic board chipset a Macbook contains, and it also doesn't use the references Penryn, Santa Rosa, etc. A better source for some of these terms is the utility "Mactracker", which can be downloaded from most Mac software websites. The processor in the Early 2009 Macbook is a Penryn (P7350), but the logic board chipset is not the Santa Rosa, which supports only an 800 MHz system bus--since the system bus in the Early 2009 Macbook is 1066 MHz, the logic board chipset is the Montevina.

Jamy Mahabier will be eternally grateful.