Check me please: Dead...no start, no response, other than charge light
I suspect I know the answer, but I’d really appreciate “a second set of eyes” on my problem.
15” Macbook Pro 2.4, Late 2008 (Unibody)…does not start.
• using the correct 85w power supply, tested working
• battery is only 6 months old
• tried resetting the SMC several times
• tried starting with and without the battery.
• tried the “rm batt while magsafe connected, rm magsafe,hold start 15s+, plug magsafe, plug battery” method
• tried with and without ram
• tried starting using the power pads on the logic board
• with the battery connected, the charger shows an orange (charging) light
• with the battery disconnected the charger shows a green (power) light
But otherwise, no response whatsoever.
Is there anything that could be causing the problem other than a faulty logic board?
Is this a good question?