Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

Is connecting a screen to a (dried off) waterdamaged phone a bad idea?

I just finished rebuilding my iPhone with a new battery, charging port flex cable and housing.

The first two attempts at turning it on with a screen connected resulted in gray bars at the bottom of the display that continued getting stronger/brighter until it shut off. The third time the screen remained off but the phone seems to have booted, pressing the power button seems to turn on the backlight (can see edges glowing on bottom of display) but from the front the display appears to be off and does not display anything.

My primary question is: will I have to buy another display? Will connecting a screen to a water damaged, but dry, phone cause damage?

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

It can cause damage, there may be liquid damage / corrosion under the metal shields on the logic board.

If this is the case you'll have to check by removing these metal shields but it requires a hot air rework station and some microsoldering experience do so as their welded to the board.

Grayson will be eternally grateful.