Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

iPhone randomly shuts down and often needs charger to restart

After I installed a new battery from ifixit.com to fix the error 29 during a firmware update (which worked perfectly fine with the new battery), my phone just randomly turns off and without a charger I can rarely restart it.

At first, even my time was set back to the first of January in 1969 every time this happend but when i set it to "set automatically" it seemed to have fixed this part of the problem.

Just FYI i also had to update my baseband to the ipad version 06.15, because I was forced to restore with an original firmware and really need an unlock.

I hope you can help me!

Sven I seem to remember that there are some issues with the batteries for your iPhone. Check this answer Replaced battery but phone now not working and will not turn on as well as a few more on here.

That might be a result of the iPad baseband. Using the iPad baseband has all kinds of nasty side-effects that aren't mentioned on the dev team's website. All I can think of would be to restore from DFU mode, and hope that works.

+, it's been known to be batches of batteries that are incompatible. Had this exact problem after that jb.. and so have many others. I'd try and get rid of it with a custom firmware and see if that helps...you should still be able to get an unlock on the bb. I would imagine that all these problems relate to the fact that we tried to run and iphone on ipad software... too many differences to make it compatible.

Sven will be eternally grateful.