Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Can I transfer ram from one to another computer?

hi there!

i have a retired 2007 17"MBP to which i installed 4gb RAM at the time.

a friend of mine has a "circa 5 year old 15" MBP- the all silver one" (i haven't seen it yet) which needs a ram upgrade.

i am pretty sure that that said model requires 5300 pc-2 chips as well, the same ones as in my old MBP.

can i install my ram into her computer without damaging it in any way? (it's not corrupted or damaged, it's fairly new/ i retired the computer 2 months after i upgraded the ram)

thank you so much.

If the ram is the same type their should be no problem. However her computer will only see 3GB of the 4. I think I would just install one 2 gig stick and save the other for the next thing that comes along. Her biggest chip and one of your 2 gig should put her close to the max of 3GB.

thank you so much!!

faimcnasty will be eternally grateful.