The Xbox 7MN-0001 Wireless Controller, was manufactured by Microsoft Corporation. It is the first generation Xbox One controller released, but has since been discontinued. This controller has since been superseded by Models 1697/1698 and Model 1708. While this controller is commonly used with the Xbox One, it can also be used for PC gaming.

How would I fix a loosened micro usb port on an xbox one controller?

so when I plug a micro usb cable into my xbox one controller, the port on the controller would wiggle when touched and would barely power on the controller. If the controller were moved slightly, the cable connected to the controller would turn off the controller until it’s placed on a flat surface.

I think I caused the problem by accidentally dropping my controller while my cable was plugged in.

with that being said, is there any solution (besides buying a new controller) that can help?

Thank you in advance for the responses

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

Most Helpful Answer

Hi @dvorak ,

If the USB port is only loose and the pins aren’t damaged etc, then most probably all that is required is that the USB connector be resoldered back onto the motherboard.

Here’s a link to the ifixit Xbox One Wireless Controller Bottom Motherboard Replacement guide.

If you click on the 1st image in the guide you see the USB port at the top of the picture.

Once you have access to the motherboard it can be resoldered back on.

You’ll need SMD (surface mount device) soldering skills and tools to effect the repair.

If this seems too daunting, take the motherboard (handle gently) to a reputable professional electronics or mobile phone repair service and ask them to do it for you. As you have already dis-assembled the controller (and will re-assemble it yourself ) this should minimize the cost of the repair. Also SMD soldering is not that easy if you’ve never done it before. You may cause more damage than what you had it the first place.

Josh will be eternally grateful.