Released June 2017, the iPad Pro 10.5" replaces the 2016 iPad Pro 9.7".

How can eliminate white spot on Ipad screen?

Recently, I’ve found some faint white spot nearly 2 inches above my home button on my lpad pro 10.5 wifi. It’s visible on white background especially when I scroll the pages. I haven’t access to any apple store for any replacement or something else, is there any way to fixt it on my own?

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

That could be some type of particle that is in the diffusion sheets on the screen it self making it focused. You can either just flat out replace the LCD and I would suggest using a guide from ifixit or you can take apart the LCD and look for the affected area and try to clean it.

If you don’t have a clean or low dust area I would not suggest taking the screen apart. I am also not 100% sure about the LCD for that specific iPad but it could also be clamped closed and would be hard to re-seat if moved.

Or if you have a warranty and Apple won’t give you issues about it I would use your warranty since it would be a defect.

I replaced my digitizer and then it cracked and im replacing it again but for some reason where the crackes were on my digitizer stained my lcd for some reason and wont wipe off what can i do to fix this?

unfortunately it would more or less be best to replace both. Im unsure what could have stained the LCD and I have never ran into the issue or needing to clean one , not counting removing dust.

We need a class action suit for this production/manufacturing defect.

I’ve searched quite a bit on this problem over the past year+, and haven’t found any solution that works for me. Some have gotten temporary white spot elimination by using a 2-3” suction cup and pulling up on the glass a little. That didn’t help mine. My original iPad Pro 10.5” developed the problem after over 6 mo.’s old, but I waited until 1 week before the warranty expired to take it to an Apple store for warranty replacement, which they did with no problem. However, the replacement developed 2 white spots after the 6 mo. warranty on it expired. I’ve learned to ignore it as best as I can since it’s only visible on white backgrounds (& I do a l of reading on my iPad). I have hoped for a class action lawsuit so Apple would offer an extended warranty replacement for this problem.

I have that exact problem (same area above the home button) that has developed in the last few months. Unfortunately, that has now become a minor issue for me. A week ago the iPad stopped charging. After going through the obvious variables with no success I scheduled a genius bar appointment. They did their diagnostics, told me the port was fine, and that there was some sort of internal short. Unfixable. It’s a brick and I have no options other than to buy a new one. So, here I am on iFixit looking for info.

I don’t trust Apple with diagnostics anymore. They once quoted a friend for a $600 MacBook repair (for main logic board replacement) that only required a $15 hard drive cable. It was my friend’s good fortune that I had quite accidentally learned of that issue with 2012 MacBooks. I was able to put it in for her (plus do some hard drive recovery due to the bad cable corrupting some of her System data). In your case I would think a dead battery could cause the same symptom. Did they say anything about the battery’s health? It might be worth a shot if you can find a local repair place who will replace it for ~$100, or use Apple’s iPad battery replacement program if it still exists. if it’s worth it to you. Just yesterday I mailed my 10.5” in to Apple under their trade in program for a new 11” Pro.

Mehran will be eternally grateful.