Repair guides for a large selection of Panasonic digital cameras.

Why will my FZ18 not turn on, batteries are all good

My FZ18 wont turn on and batteries ( I have 4) are all good. Initially when I put a freshly charged battery in I could take a photo and then the camera would shut down and not start up again so don’t know if it’s immediately discharging battery but now just dead

Hi @higgi ,

Try exerting a bit of pressure on the battery/card door i.e down and in, whilst trying to turn on the camera.

I don't know if it is applicable for your camera but some have a microswitch on the battery door which operates to ensure that the door is fully closed. It may be loose etc.

Just a thought.

Thanks jayeff for the try but nope it still won't work

Cheers

Most Helpful Answer

Is there any error message displayed on the camera LCD? When you take a photo, does it say "please turn the camera on and then off again" Or does it immediately shut off? Try inserting the battery into the camera and hold it in while turning it on. See if it stays on. Maybe the battery housing got slightly damaged from a fall and the battery is not seating in properly.

Good luck!

Hi Anthony, thanks for the answer but its just totally dead, will not turn on at all. The cameras never been dropped and unless using always been kept in its case. Tried your remedy but nothing.

Cheers

Dave Higgins will be eternally grateful.