Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

Glass or glass and LCD?

Hi everyone,

I have an Iphone 3Gs and after two years of perfect care I cracked the glass. Here's my question, under the obvious single hairline crack there is a black smudge on the LCD. The touch response is perfect and the black "smudge" changes in size and location similar to pushing on the LCD of a laptop for a second and then releasing. Does this mean I can replace just the glass on my iphone or do I also replace the LCD. Sorry for my naiveté and thanks for the help!

it sounds like just the digitiser if the blackness moves with pressure (ie where the blackness used to be you are then able to see an image)you could remove the digitiser and take a look at the lcd... breaks in the pixels are visible as black lines or oil spills when no power. it won't matter if you only order the digitiser..it's not bonded to the lcd like iphone 4 or 2. so if you discover afterwards that you need a new lcd too it shouldn't be any problem.

Viceroy will be eternally grateful.