Released September 22, 2017. Model A1863, A1905. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and space gray.

Putting iPhone 8 internals into a iPhone 7 frame?

So the back glass of my iphone 8 is completely destroyed and it looks like the easiest way is to buy a new midframe and backglass together. I was thinking what are the possibilities of putting the iphone 8 internals into an iphone 7 housing or even taking the internals and putting it in an iphone 8 plus housing and changing out the screens. Are any of these possible or should I just get an iphone 8 housing? I should add that I liked the aluminum better than glass and I dont care about wireless charging at all.

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

While very similar at a glance, the logic boards don’t have the same screw hole pattern. So unfortunately, o you can’t use an iPhone 7 housing for an iPhone 8 logic board.

iPhone 8 Teardown

iPhone 7 Teardown

iPhone 7 Image

Guide

iPhone 7 Teardown

Difficulty:

Moderate

iPhone 8 Image

Guide

iPhone 8 Teardown

Difficulty:

Moderate

@refectio Thanks Minho! Way better explained then me.

Well, you can sure try but I don’t think it’s possible. There are minor differences that I cannot explain clearly on here that I think would hinder your ability to fit all the internals. You can try but I don’t think it will work.

If you want to switch iPhone 8 internals into an iPhone 7 housing your going to want to get a special housing for switching housings. They only cost like 10 to 20 bucks. I’m switching my iPhone 7 internals to an iPhone 8

Atul Nair will be eternally grateful.