Second generation of Wi-Fi iPad, released on March 11, 2011. Model number A1395. Repair is difficult and will require heat.

What glue to use on ipad 2 replacement screen?

I have a replacement ipad 2 digitizer. In the tear down it says to use heat to soften the glue to remove the old one. What glue do I use on the new screen?

You will need an iPad adhesive kit. However, if you need to replace the thin inside plastic frame (I've melted one or two with my heat gun when removing glass) order a roll of 2mm, 3M adhesive, it is sticky on both sides. It also comes in handy when you need a little piece for iPods/iPhones.

3M 2mm Adhesive Tape - click here

Heat gun??? You can buy pre-cut 3M tape ( glue of both sides) ipad 2 on ebay for $4.

Most Helpful Answer

The glue used to hold the iPad II front glass actually a really nasty adhesive tape. You could try to use some original iPad adhesive tape, but I cannot guarantee that it will work. You could always acquire your own blank adhesive tape, and cut it to fit with an exacto knife.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

I have been repairing iPads, iPhones and all kinds of devices in between. In the begening, the 3M tape would not do it. Either use double sided RED TAPE which works wonders and you wont have your customers coming back saying that their iPad screen is lifting off and also whenever you repair the iPad 2,3,4 allways buy the plastic bezel plastic frame and install that first to ensure a proper fit.

One more trick that i use on stubborn fits is a product called GLUE DOTS from your local Arts and Crafts (Michaels) or whatever. That works great and allows for re-entry if you mess up the first time. Never use Crazy Glue or Gorrila Glue.

The Cell Phone Surgeon

Please give a link to the Glue Dots that you are using. Is this the 3/16" ones?

I have to look at the box but they were the rectangle very flat ones that come on a roll in a purple box. Double sided Red Tape works very good also. You can buy it from Etechparts, or Wholesalegadgetparts.com

They are from www.gluedots.com/projects.

They are the 1" (2.5cm) size and come in 200pc count.

Just cut them to size. I place them in the corners and in the middle of the frame

along with the red tape and the iPad glass will never lift off and easy to remove for future

repairs.

captaind172 will be eternally grateful.