2.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz) with 3 MB shared L3 cache. Released February 13, 2013.

Motherboard A1502 of a year 2013 VS A1502 of a year 2015

A motherboard model A1502, of the year 2013, is compatible with one of 2015, of the same model A1502? Could you help me?

the photos that you attach are almost similar, the ones that you send me if they change drastically, that's why my doubt .. let me see if I can attach them again ..

Almost is not the same as exact!

Again look at the guides I posted (these are URL links) you can see clearly the connections are very different on the battery and there are other differences. Won't work, as much as you would like it to.

Hi - were you able to make the 2015 board fit in the 2013 model? How did the test go?

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

@heelce if you compare the boards, the connectors, ports  and the mounting screws are all in the same location. The only visual difference is the I/O board connector and the trackpad cable connector. I checked the connectors on the schematic and there is no difference between those. You may need to check the availability for a 2015 cable. At this point I would go ahead and give it a try. You will be one of the first to prove that it either can or cannot be done.

2013 1506

2015 1506

Your board

@oldturkey03 - The battery power connector are very different as well as other parts between the early 2013 and the mid 2014 or the early 2015. If he had the late 2013 model then he would have a chance.

@danj have you looked at the images posted with the question? I take those as belonging to the OP's current computer, which would be a late 2013. Also, the OP describes his computer as an A1502 which has an introduction date of October 22, 2013 whereas the early 2013 was an A1425

Thank you very much for your comments and your valuable information! You have helped me a lot, now I will have to experiment and see if this equipment can be saved, thanks!

Sorry to say they are very different and not interchangeable.

See for you self review the two IFIXIT guides you’ll see the power connection is very different as well as other key parts.

MacBook Pro 13" Retina Display Early 2013 Logic Board Replacement

The 2015 model

MacBook Pro 13" Retina Display Early 2015 Logic Board Replacement

MacBook Pro 13" Retina Display Early 2013 Logic Board Image

Guide

Difficulty:

Moderate

MacBook Pro 13" Retina Display Early 2015 Logic Board Image

Guide

Difficulty:

Moderate

20 minutes - 1 hour

Score -1

HECTOR ELIZALDE will be eternally grateful.