The Nintendo 3DS XL 2015, marketed as the New Nintendo 3DS XL, was released October 11, 2014 in Japan and February 13, 2015 in North America.

When I turn 3DS on, blue light appears but screen is black (has CFW)

So I was playing ACNL, then I put my 3DS in sleep mode after I was done playing. A week later, I come back to play and the screen is all black, though the blue light is still there. I figured it must have somehow froze, so I held the power button to turn it off entirely. Unfortunately, after that, every time I tried to turn the system on, the blue light appears, but the screens remain black, and I can’t actually do anything on the system. I‘m not sure what to do. If it matters at all, it does have CFW installed, but I doubt that’s the issue, as it’s been installed for about a couple years by now with no problems.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi!

You could try the following:

1. Remove the battery
  2. Press the power button a couple of times
  3. Plug in the power adapter. Try turning it on.
  4. Remove the power adapter
  5. Insert the battery, plug the adapter in
  6. Try to power the console on again. If it works, you’re good, otherwise I’d try the same again also with removing the SD card.

6 Comments:

Sorry for the late reply. I actually had seen someone else suggest this as well so I wanted to try it, but unfortunately the screws are stripped so I can’t actually get to the little nudge in order to pull out the battery. But the back cover itself broke off since it was kind of cracked, so I’m able to access the SD Card, just not the battery. Is there any way I can remove the screw?

I just made an account to say thank you. I was going crazy and couldn't find how to fix it, thank you so much!!!

This worked! I was about to give up hope when the wifi-chip fix only worked once, but before my eyes it finally turned on. Thank you so much!

Pranav, if you still need a way to open up your 3ds (after 4 years) you can try using a rubber band between the screwdriver and the screw, and as a last result you can drill off the screw top.

Thank you! It worked!

I had this happen to me. I followed the steps above. I also removed the game that was inside after doing these steps, and turned it back on. : )

Pranav Iyer will be eternally grateful.