Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

Anyway to Restore TouchID on Aftermarket Screen?

I recently got an iPhone 6 from a family member who had the screen replaced with an after-market one. It seems the person who did it didn’t know what they were doing and as expected the TouchID is no longer working.

I have a couple of old iPhones laying around, including a 5s. I was wondering if this 5s would have the parts needed to restore TouchID? Is the issue with the actual button or is it the cables?

Or alternatively, is there a way to restore TouchID without parts?

Any help is appreciated.

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

Most Helpful Answer

Touch ID requires the apple horizon calibration machine (which of course only apple has) to get touch ID to work again on an iPhone because the home button is paired up together with the logic board.

As Ben said… in short, no.

The repairer should tranfer the existing home button to the new screen during the replacement.

If your home button was damaged, or the repairer damaged it, then you won’t be able to get it working.

I don’t think Apple will help either, I’m afraid.

Mark will be eternally grateful.