The March 2015 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display, model A1502, features fifth-generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors and introduces the Force Touch trackpad.

Battery condition: replace now cycle count 258

Just bought a Early 2015 MacBook Pro with a faulty battery, it only works with charger plugged in, but when looking at the cycle count it’s seems pretty low for a full replacement (258) Is there any way to reset the warning before I do the battery replacement which doesn’t look fun with the amount of glue they use on holding these in. Any help will be much appreciated I’ve tried a SMC reset but no luck

i thought before i bite the bullet and send it to my logic board repair guy I’d fit a new battery just to make sure, just arrived and fitted it laptop is now fully working again without the charger and when plugged in is charging at 22.1 watts turned out it was a faulty battery.

Most Helpful Answer

You could try resetting the SMC but that won’t really solve the issue if the battery is gone.

How about getting a bit more diagnostics here to see where the problem is as it could be something more than the battery. Run this app CoconutBattery and paste a snapshot of the main window so we can see what it its telling us Adding images to an existing question

Sorry to say the charging logic has a failure if you look at the snapshot you’ll see the two clues the first is the charger is connected and the second is the ‘Charging with’ 0 Watts with your battery exhausted ‘Full Charge Capacity’ The logic is split across the DC-In board the sense part and the main logic board which has the switching MOSFET’s that sends the power to the battery. Basically, your logic board will need repair.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Ive added a pic to the original question

Robert Culton will be eternally grateful.