Model A1136 / 30, 60, or 80 GB hard drive / black or white plastic front

Why cant I hear music? not from headphones and not on docking?

my ipod is completly fine- i can play songs and they are working, but its like the sound doesnt go out, not if i use the docking connection and not if i use headphones, what can i do?

noam, any news on your ipod?

noam, try to squeeze the iPod just to the bottom right around the 4o'clock position from the clickwheel and see if that makes a difference. The 5th gen logic board has an issue with the audio decoder chip that comes loose on the logic board. When you squeeze it, sometimes hard, you force it to make a connection and the sound will be audible, while you squeeze. If this is the case then the only fix are to either reflow the logic board or to replace it. Logic Board is available here and instructions are here. There is some interesting homebrew fix on here look for a posting from warnergt. It might just work for you. Of course all this only applies if there is nothing else that is disconnected or visibly not working. Good Luck and let us know how it is going.

noam will be eternally grateful.