The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

LCD Screen is broken, phone is dead & need to access photos?

I have an iPhone5C & the LCD Screen is broken on the phone so nothing will light up. I own a MacBook Pro 13inch & Windows 10, which I have iExplorer (Demo) & iTunes on the Mac. But my iPhone X will show & perfectly fine. How do I get the iPhone 5c to show up & let me access the photos among it?

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

The phone needs to be unlocked and trusted to the computer for it to allow you to access data on the phone.

With a screen showing no display you won’t be able to do that as you can’t unlock the phone and press the trust button. You’ll have to get the screen replaced first to get data off the phone.

You could get a reputable repair shop to temporarily plug in a screen for the 5C and make an iTunes backup but that isn’t really the best way in my opinion as iTunes backups are usually used to restore on another iPhone (Also it’s hard to transfer iTunes backups from one computer to another) and that overwrites existing data on that iPhone if I remember correctly so better to just get the screen replaced.

Colton Rothert will be eternally grateful.