Model A1136 / 30, 60, or 80 GB hard drive / black or white plastic front

Replace battery, had to restore, now it says it cannot be restored

Replaced the battery, had to restore. Now it says the iPod cannot be restored. Need Help!

ADMIN EDIT: Here is the entire context for the question. For those of you who are answering, please look at the context of the question to best answer: My iPod keeps erasing the memory every few days., My ipod is corrupted, Replace battery, but iPod very slow response, Replace battery, had to restore, now it says it cannot be restored, Error 1437, If I delete itunes..., Well I deleted itunes..., Ok either hard drive or logic board?, Hard drive brands.

Little confused -- your headline says the ipod can't be synched but in the body of your post you say the ipod can't be restored. Can you clarify exactly what's wrong and exactly what error message you're getting?

Yeah sorry, it did say it could not be synced but that was the first try, now it was it cannot be restored. That there is a file missing.

How about merging those 11 posts into one question, then closing them up?

Hi

i had an similar issue with one of my iPod hard drives. It always asked me for a password/keyword.

Before that happened i reformatted the drive connected directly to my PC via an adapter and somewhere in the middle of the process my PC hung up.

After that the iPod gave me an error 1437. Connected to the PC again, i could not access the hard drive in any way. It was found in the BIOS, but that's all. A tool told me that the hard drive is password protected. But i never set a password to the hard drive and there was no password/keyword prior the hung up. A low level formatting tool from the "Ultimate Boot CD" also formatted the password/keyword and i could restore the hard drive via iTunes.

I think that the hung up during the first format somehow set a password/keyword. Maybe it the same with yours.

Tristan will be eternally grateful.