Repair guides and support for your Samsung TV.

Samsung TV. No picture after updating firmware

I recently replace the backlights on my Samsung UN46EH5000FXZA TV. The television was working after I replace the LED backlights, but some of the guides I looked at recommended updating the firmware on the TV to help prevent the backlights from burning out again. Ever since I updated the firmware I have not had any picture on the TV. The backlight still comes on, I can hear sound, control the tv with the remote (change volume, change source, change channel)

I downloaded the firmware from here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owner...

Is there anyway to reset the tv to the old firmware?

@maximus51 under normal circumstances you would

• While the TV is On, press and hold the EXIT button on the Samsung remote control for 12 seconds. The standby light should blink the entire time without interruption.
  • The Factory Reset screen displays a warning message. Select OK to reset the TV.

Also try this one:

• Make sure that your TV is OFF.
  • Take your Smart Remote and simultaneously press Info + Menu + Mute + Power.
  • Next, enter the following sequence into your remote: Mute > 1 > 8 > 2 > Power.
  • Your television will boot up in service mode. Using your remote, go to Options > Factory Reset.

Your television should now turn off and a simple restart should proceed with the setup.

This maybe difficult in your case since you can’t see the screen. Samsung has had plenty of issues with firmware updates that bricked their TV’s. You do wnat to go ahead and call the Samsung customer service line for your country and see if they can help you out with the firmware.

Maximus will be eternally grateful.